Service Specific Terms
These service specific terms (Service Specific Terms) below supplement and form part of the subscription services agreement referenced in the order and apply based on the subscription purchased. As used in these Service Specific Terms, Customer means the applicable customer or MSP identified in the subscription services agreement.
Auvik SaaS Management Service (ASM Service)
- Local Software. The software (collector, agent, extension or similar local software) provided by Auvik as part of the Service (Local Software) is licensed to Customer as follows: Auvik grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable license during the term of an order, to use and copy such software within the Managed Environment in accordance with its technical documentation, solely in connection with the Service.
- Access to Managed Environment. In order to use the Service, Customer must download and install the Local Software, as applicable, to Customer’s internal network environment, any external network managed by Customer, and any managed device or application (Managed Environment). As part of the use of the Local Software, Customer authorizes (i) remote communication between the Service and the Managed Environment; (ii) the Service to scan and evaluate the Managed Environment; (iii) the Service to monitor, manage and facilitate Customer-approved changes to the Managed Environment; and (iv) the transfer of collected data to the Service, and represents and warrants to Auvik that it has all rights necessary to grant such authorization. Customer is solely responsible for configuring its Managed Environment for adequate security and protection. Customer is responsible for applying independent business judgment with respect to use of the Service and any decisions from the use of the Service.
Notice and Consent for ASM Service.
- The purpose of the ASM Service is to provide the IT department visibility into the types of applications that their customers and users are using in their Managed Environment. Customer is solely responsible for providing any necessary notices to its customers and users and obtaining any legally required consents from its customers and users regarding the use of the Service.
- AUVIK IS NOT LIABLE FOR PROBLEMS INHERENT IN USE OF THE INTERNET OR FOR ISSUES RELATED TO A CUSTOMER’S OR ITS CUSTOMER’S COMPUTERS, NETWORK OR CLOUD PROVIDER ACCOUNTS, OR FOR DECISIONS A CUSTOMER MAKES REGARDING ITS CONFIGURATION OF THE SERVICE.
Selection of Data Storage Region.
- While Auvik has its headquarters in Canada, each Customer selects the region where the Customer Data will be stored. More information is located at (and for Auvik SaaS Management services, different data storage terms apply and are described at this link): Auvik Regions article.
- Auvik will not change the country in which the Customer Data is stored (except with the permission of Customer, where necessary as part of Auvik’s business continuity or disaster recovery plan, and as allowed by law or legal process).
[Effective February 3, 2023]