Auvik Syslog Beta Program Details
“My team spends too much time jumping between various software platforms to troubleshoot network problems.” Sound familiar?
We heard you loud and clear. That’s why we’ve been working diligently on our new syslog feature—so you can quickly see both syslogs and metrics without having to leave Auvik.
Now in beta and available on all Performance clients, you can use the new syslog feature to get to the root cause faster and reduce your resolution time.
What to expect during the syslog beta phase:
- On each of your Performance clients, you’ll be able to forward syslogs to the Auvik collector for up to 25 devices.
- For now, syslog data will be retained in Auvik for a period of 7 days.
- Over the next few months, you’ll see design and performance enhancements that will allow you to not only centralize syslogs for all your devices, but also search and filter to troubleshoot more effectively.
- Your input throughout the beta program is critical. We’ll be reaching out—either in Auvik or by email—to ask for your feedback and give you a chance to weigh in on how this feature develops.
- If you have any questions or feedback about this feature, email [email protected].
- If you run into any technical issues, email [email protected].
- See How do I approve or unapprove devices for syslog? for more details on how to get started with syslog.