Auvik Networks Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Auvik”, “Our”, “We” or “Us”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information obtained by reason of your relationship with Auvik. This document is designed to explain the types of Personal Information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your Personal Information is handled appropriately.
- What is Personal Information?
- Why we use your Personal Information
- Our promotional updates and communications
- Who your Personal Information is shared with
- Where we store your Personal Information
- Retention of your Personal Information
- Third-party Links
- How we safeguard your Personal Information
- Your rights
- How to contact us
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information that relates to an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly (including by referring to an identifier such as a name, an identification number or online identifier, or any other information about that person) and is recorded in any form.
Collection of your Personal Information
Auvik collects only the Personal Information required to market and provide products and services to you. The amount of Personal Information provided by you and collected by Auvik depends on the circumstances and the Personal Information we collect, including contact, demographic, or other types of information.
We collect and process the following types of information from you:
Information you provide:
We may occasionally request from you or you may otherwise voluntarily provide us with Personal Information. In particular when you:
- Sign up for a Service, register for an event or webinar
- We collect information identifying your organization as our customer and your information as the contact at the customer, in particular your first name, last name, email address, telephone number and a password associated with your account.
- Open an account with us, as a user of a Service
- as a user authorized to access a Service provided by us on behalf of your organization (and our customer) we will collect information to enable us to authenticate your access to the Service including your first name, last name, email, address and a password associated with your account.
- Fill in online forms or communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise in order to receive information, make a comment or inquiry, or to report and seek to resolve a problem.
- Make a payment, for a paid service provided by us, our payment processing vendor Zuora, collects your credit card information and billing address. Please see ‘Who your Personal Information is shared with’ for more information on processing of Personal Information by our payment processing vendor.
Information we collect from your use of the Site or a Service
Whenever you interact with us through the Site or a Service we automatically collect the following information from you each time you visit our Site or use our Service:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit – In particular, the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site and Service (including date and time), content viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain Site pages or the duration of a signed-in session on a Service, content interaction information, (such as scrolling, clicks, or mouse-overs) on the Site or actions performed by a logged-in user of a Service and any contact details used to reach our customer sales or support team.
- Local Software – Some features of the Services may enable or require that you install local software (e.g. Auvik collector). This software may collect data from your local environment in order to provide the Services that you have requested. Local collectors may also collect telemetry information that will be sent to Auvik for operating and improving the Services. For more information about collectors, please consult the relevant terms of service for such Services.
- Geographic Location data – We collect information through the Site as to your country of location by reference to your IP in order to deliver content or services dependent on knowing where you are. This information is collected in combination with a cookie associated with your Device to enable us to recognize your browser or Device when you return to the Site.
- User hosted data – In providing a Service we host or may have access to user data, in the context of providing customer support services to users about their network environment. Such data is processed only under instructions of the user who remains the data controller to the extent any personal data is processed.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site or our Services under our terms with you. They include the cookies that enable you to log-in to our Services or secure areas of our Site.
Google Display Advertising: The Site also uses Google Display Advertising. Google Display Advertising enables features in the Google Analytics service that are not available through the standard implementation. These additional features enable Retargeting with Google Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.
Implementing Retargeting with Google Analytics means that third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on websites across the internet. Auvik and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads to you when you are visiting other websites based on your past visits to our Site.
Implementing Google Display Network Impression Reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager means that Auvik and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Site.
The data we gather from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) through Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting is used to better understand the demographic to which our services appeal so that we can display our ads to those who would benefit from our Services and not to those who would not benefit.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads, you can do so by going to www.google.com/settings/ads.
You can also learn more about turning off advertising cookies by visiting www.youronlinechoices.eu
Why we collect and use your Personal Information
Auvik identifies the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will identify any additional purposes for which we will collect your Personal Information, before or at the time of collection, and we will obtain your consent to collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information for such additional purpose(s).
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you provide:
We will use this information to:
- Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between us including:
- Services requested by you and conducted on your behalf;
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- administering and managing the Services and our business operations;
- notifying you about changes to our Services
- When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve the Services.
- Provide you with information about our goods or services we feel may interest you if you have given your consent to receive marketing material from us at the point we collect your information where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications. See ‘Our promotional updates and communications‘
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- Content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device.
- We provide you with the information and Services that you request from us.
Information we collect about you from your use of the Site or a Service
We use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- to personalize your experience with the Site, as well as evaluate statistics on Site activity;
- to keep our Site and Services safe and secure;
- to perform statistical analysis of your behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Site;
- for measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you on other websites;
- for complying with legal and governmental requirements; and/or
- to improve our Site and Services to ensure that content is presented and available in the most effective manner for you and your Device.
Otherwise, we will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written, or electronic agreement) to collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information.
Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your Personal Information collected in the context of our Site or in offering our Services for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our Services.
You can object to further marketing at any time by updating your communication preferences by clicking the “Manage Subscription” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to [email protected].
Who your Personal Information is shared with
We may transfer your Personal Information to trusted third-party service providers who assist us in administering our Site and providing our Services in accordance with our instructions and as required by Law. Examples of where we may disclose Personal Information to such third-party service providers include data analysis, marketing assistance, and customer service support. These third-party service providers will have access to your Personal Information that is needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers who process and store Personal Information in other countries. See ‘Where we store your personal information‘ below.
We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights or property, or for safety.
Information, including Personal Information, which we collect about our customers, visitors to the Site, users and others, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, in the unlikely event that we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
If your Personal Information is shared with third parties, those third parties are trusted third parties and bound by appropriate agreements as required with Auvik to secure and protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
A full list of organisations with whom we share Personal Information can be found here.
Where we store your Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in different countries to those from which you access our Services.
We transfer your personal information:
- In order to store it
- In order to deliver Services to you under our contract with you. This includes order fulfillment and provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded that these are not overridden by your rights.
Details of our transfers of your Personal Information and the relevant safeguards are set out here.
Retention of your Personal Information
Auvik retains your Personal Information only as long as it is required for our business relationship, our contractual obligations to you, as required by applicable laws, or to identify or resolve legal issues or claims. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
How we safeguard your Personal Information
Auvik uses reasonable security measures to safeguard your Personal Information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including, but not limited to: (i) physical security measures; (ii) electronic security measures for computerized personal information; (iii) organizational processes; and (iv) contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your Personal Information requiring them to protect and secure your Personal Information.
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your Personal Information held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your Personal Information held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your Personal Information, including the right to object to marketing as mentioned in ‘Our promotional updates and communications‘ section;
- to request that your provided Personal Information be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your Personal Information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in ‘Our promotional updates and communications‘ section.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority. See http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html. The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK.
How to contact us
If you are outside Europe you should contact:
Auvik Networks Inc:
451 Phillip Street, Suite 200
Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2
Email: [email protected]
If you are in Europe you can contact:
Building 5, Level 2
Caldecotte Lake Business Park
Caldecotte Lake Drive
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Email: [email protected]