Who we are: Auvik Networks Inc.
Auvik Networks Inc. and its subsidiaries (Auvik) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information obtained through our business relationship. This Privacy Notice will explain the types of Personal Information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your Personal Information is handled appropriately.
How we use your data: Registration and contacting you
Auvik only collects Personal Information required to communicate, market, and provide products and services to you. Collection of information happens when you:
- Register for an event or webinar, which could include registering through a third-party application such as EventBrite or Zoom
- Participate in a promotion online or at an in-person event
- Request Auvik content such as an ebook, white paper, or webinar recording
- Sign up for an Auvik demo or trial
- Visit our website
- Opt into communications about Auvik, our product(s), or industry news
To update your communication preferences you can click the Manage Subscription link at the bottom of our marketing and promotional emails, or send an email to [email protected]. You can unsubscribe anytime by emailing [email protected].
The data we collect: Business contact details
We collect your business name as our customer (or prospective customer) and your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, and potential other general information about your business. If you set up a trial account, you will choose a domain prefix and password for that account. Occasionally your street address may be requested to fulfil our obligation to mail offers or prize winnings to you.
Legal basis: Legitimate interest, consent
When you register for an event or webinar; enter into a promotion; request content, or a demo or trial of our product; or, opt into Auvik communications, we require some personal information to process your request. We’re relying on legitimate interest to process this information. To use this information for further purposes we require your consent. Where we rely on consent, you will have the right to withdraw consent.
Your data rights: What are they?
You have the right under certain circumstances to:
- Access: to be provided with a copy of your Personal Information held by us;
- Rectify: to request the rectification or erasure of your Personal Information held by us;
- Restrict: to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- Object: to object to the further processing of your Personal Information, including the right to object to marketing;
- Portability: to request that your provided Personal Information be moved to a third party.
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting the Auvik Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
How long your data is retained: For the length of our business relationship
Auvik retains your Personal Information only as long as it is required for our business relationship, our contractual obligations to you, as required by applicable laws, or to identify or resolve legal issues or claims. We may retain anonymous aggregate information for research purposes, and to help us develop and improve our services.
Where your data is stored: European Economic Area, US, Canada, and Australia
The Personal Information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in different countries to those from which you access our content and Services.
Where your Personal Information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your Personal Information is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as Privacy Shield and General Data Protection Regulation compliance, and that it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Who we share your data with: Trusted third parties
Auvik does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to non-associated outside parties without your knowledge.
We may transfer your Personal Information to trusted third parties and/or affiliates:
- In order to securely store it
- Where we are legally required to do so
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded that these are not overridden
- by your rights. This may include sharing with our authorized resellers or distributors.
- If the trusted third party is a co-sponsor of an event Auvik is hosting or participating in
- If otherwise as disclosed to you at the time you provide your Personal Information
Privacy Officer: [email protected]
Attn: Privacy Officer
Auvik Networks Inc:
451 Phillip Street, Suite 200
Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2
Attn: Privacy Officer
Building 5, Level 2
Caldecotte Lake Business Park
Caldecotte Lake Drive
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Email: [email protected]
Effective date: 2019-04-12
Auvik reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice. As such, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice regularly to stay up to date on our policies. In such a case, we will update the effective date of the updated policy and in relation to substantive changes may notify you by email.