Another year has come and gone, and what a year it’s been!
In 2015, Auvik:
- Published the results of our network management survey
- Launched our product for managed service providers
- Grew to 30 team members
- Had a blast at Cisco Live and IT Nation
- Spent days on the road talking to MSPs across the country
- Published an ebook on building a profitable managed network service, and another on network topology
- And a whole whack more
Oh, and we blogged like maniacs.
Here on these pages, we brought on strong new guest authors like Keith Tokash and Lee Badman, added some business-focused content to round out the technical posts, and had a bit of fun with things like our April Fool’s article and our list of awesome t-shirts for tech geeks.
Most of all, though, we worked hard to deliver practical posts that would help you better and more easily manage the networks in your care. And you responded with visits and comments and shares— so a tip of the hat and many thanks to you.
Here are the 10 most popular Auvik blog posts of 2015.
10. Give Yourself a Promotion With Network Automation
Is network automation a threat to your job? Not if you’re smart about it. Far from threatening your paycheck as an IT pro, the efficiencies that some of today’s networking tools make possible are the keys to excellent job performance and career advancement. Read it
9. My Network Toolkit: Korey Rebello
Network engineer Korey Rebello explains the essential tools he carries in his network toolkit. Read it
8. What Every Network Administrator Should Know About IPv6
IPv6 comes pre-enabled on a lot of network devices — that’s dangerous unless you’re in control. Here’s what you need to know to implement and manage IPv6 well. Read it
7. Network Management: In Search of a Few Good GUIs
Easy-to-use interfaces for network management have typically been few and far between. The good news? Things are getting better as the network culture shifts. Read it
6. How to Use NetFlow as Your Network Traffic Analyzer
What is NetFlow, how does it work, and how do you configure it to give you helpful information about your network traffic? This primer from Kevin Dooley has the details. Read it
5. The Future of Networking: 8 Amazing Technologies Being Researched Right Now
What’s the future of networking? Here are 8 innovative research projects taking place right now that could have a big impact on the network designs of tomorrow. Read it
4. The Essential Network Admin Library: 12 Books to Read & Own
What are the must-have books for your network admin library? We recommend 12 indispensable resources in areas from routing and security to troubleshooting and time management. Read it
3. 4 Types of VPNs and When to Use Them
Virtual private networks (VPNs) are a straightforward idea. The trick comes in knowing what type of VPN to use when. Let’s consider several different types, including client-based VPNs and network-based VPNs, and see where they fit. Read it
2. 5 Great Reasons to Manage Your Network in the Cloud
Auvik’s Alex Hoff explores what makes cloud-based network management different from — and, in most cases, better than — on-premises platforms. Read it
1. The Secrets to Drawing Effective Network Diagrams
Good network diagrams aren’t hard to make, yet they’re distressingly rare. Even network engineers with years of experience often make diagrams that are jumbled and hard to understand. Learn the secret to drawing clear and effective network maps in this tutorial excerpted from The No Sweat Guide to Network Topology. Read it
Like these articles? Want to make sure you get every Auvik blog post as it’s published? Subscribe to the Rant, Auvik’s irreverent bi-weekly newsletter, to get blog posts and curated industry content delivered straight to your in-box.